Friday, December 31, 2010

Just a few things I "resolve" to do in 2011...

I know a lot of folks don't think you can successfully make and keep resolutions. I don't think that's the case. I think you have to be realistic and you have to really want to make the change or to put the time toward a specific resolution. I want to do so, and I'm willing to put in the hard work, the time, and the effort.

2011 is going to be a big year for me anyway. On June 19th, 2011...I hit the big 40. YIKES. I don't feel old, most people would say I don't look old, and I don't intend to act old. I think you can be a mature adult while at the same time hanging on to the wonder and excitement that many old-before-their-time individuals seem to think can only apply to children.

2011 is my year. The second half of 2009 and much of 2010 were spent in transition. 2011 will call for more change, more adventure and more transition, but this time they will all be in my terms on my timetable. And I'm excited about it!

So, here...in no particular order, are some of the resolutions I have for 2011...
  • I resolve to take more photos, digital and hard copies on 2011. I love photography...but it has been the  hobby/artistic pursuit that I have put off or pushed to the back burner more than any other. I want to creatively archive my life moving forward...that is my resolution.
  • I resolve to work toward small purchase/treats that will act as the rewards for the hard work that I intend to put in to my resolutions and my goals for 2011 (goals and resolutions are not necessarily the same thing...but in 2011 I will strive to allow them to co-exist and work together). The image above goes with both of these resolution.
  • I resolve to revamp and rethink my entire wardrobe. I've never really allowed myself to dress the way I want, a mixture of vintage and classic pieces with just enough fun and funky mixed in to make the look all my own. I'll be paring down, donating, giving away and selling the bulk of my current wardrobe in order to allow myself to rebuild it slowly in a way that reflects the me I want to be in 2011 and beyond.
  • I resolve that I will ride my bike more in 2011 than in any other year. I will take it for short and easy rides on errands. To the bank, the grocery store, the coffee shop, etc. It will provide a little extra exercise, on top of the training rides I also plan to get in.
  • I resolve to practice a more truly handmade, DIY lifestyle as much as possible. From crafts and gift-giving to cooking and more. 
  • I resolve that 2011 is the year I really go big, all out, bang-on with the development of the new businesses I decided to start once I l;eft the television station. I've been plotting and planning in my head for months, eking by...as I couldn't toot my own horn (market myself) until I knew exactly what it was I wanted to do and was truly good at! I think I'm there. So the business plans shall be put into effect and I shall keep anyone interested informed.

That's not everything, but it's what I can put a handle on right now. I'll be discussing each in more detail in future blogs, and I'm sure they'll keep me busy throughout 2011 and beyond.

I hope you all have an incredibly fun, but safe at the same time, New Year. I'm looking forward to spending it with my guy and some really good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment